Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Kids Say the CRAZIEST Things


This morning, I reminded my kiddos that I was having both of my scopes tomorrow so I was having clear liquids today and wasn’t going to cook...leftovers for them. We proceeded to have yet another conversation on what constituted “clear liquids”.  Of course, Caelan had to push the limits by asking if vodka was a clear liquid. I didn’t know if that would be allowable and wise, but he said that if it was, he would drink that for his next scope in May because it would help the prescription stuff he needs to drink go down better, AND it would make him goofy enough that he wouldn’t need to be sedated. [Ruthie Ruppert, how’s that for your “Crazy Boy”!!]  Anyway, I’m thinking that if vodka is a clear liquid that maybe I could have a glass of wine for “dinner” tonight.

Facebook comment from my dear, sweet friend, Ruthie:  “I need to have a talk with that boy and expose him to a wider range of “clear liquids...such as RUM!!! Cruzan Rum from US Virgin Islands for example, is a wonderful clear liquid. As I was reading your post I literally have wet eyes from cracking up! I can totally hear him! By the way, “Reis”ling for you prior to your next scope!  Good luck today, friend. Wish you didn’t have to go through it but this experience does allow you to have a testimony to help others. You are a blessing to many. Prayers that you don’t have too much discomfort and the scoping goes well.”

No comments: