Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kids' Double Scopes at Potomac Sentara

Pre-scope post:  We're getting ready to go for scopes squared, squared (endo and colon for the 1st "squared" on both of my kiddos for the 2nd "squared"). These 2 will have a very LONG ROAD ahead of them because they're already "burned out on Jell-o!"  Poor guys...I know that feeling, but I didn't get it after 2 rounds of having to eat it instead of regular food.  I’m hungry for them.

Post-scope post:  We found out in October that they BOTH have the same pre-cancerous colon disease that I have. They had an initial colonoscopy in December so the doc wanted to do another one in 6mos for a comparison, and then we decided to add the endoscopy as well in order to have a baseline on the polyps at both ends. I'll get the biopsy results at a follow up appointment when we'll also discuss all aspects of today's findings...especially Dr Brown and Matthew are interested in trying to put off colon removal as long as possible for them. They both did fabulously well.  I am thankful for all the love and prayers.

No comments: