Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Task Force East

Matthew checks in as the XO (Executive Officer) of Task Force East (TFE) today. Only the main leadership is working right now. The Platoon Commanders check in in a few weeks. The rest of the guys check in sometime in March. They will be deploying to somewhere in the mid-East sometime this summer to do some unspecified job for the Marine Corps. (Don't you just love all the details? Yeah, me, too.) A year ago, I could not have fathomed his being deployed...I was still going through so much junk from the Whipple procedure. What a difference a year makes! I'm in New Orleans right now...yesterday was my mom's 60th birthday. Since I came in last year for my dad's, I wanted to do the same for my mom...I just wish it could have been a surprise. I am very glad that I can eat, because a year ago, I was still battling delayed gastric emptying (DGE).

No comments: