Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Totally Unexpected SURPRISE!

My parents showed up at my house this afternoon...just out of the blue. Matthew was in on the whole thing. Evidently, since they've surprised my brothers with unexpected visits, they decided to do the same for me. I was absolutely floored. My neighbor Erica was in on it also...she was supposed to get me out of the house before they got here so Matthew could straighten up, but I was tired so I took a nap & told her that I'd meet her around 5pm. Around 4:30, there was a knock at the door. The kids went to answer it & just stood there not saying anything. I went over to see who it was & there was my mom & behind her was my dad. I was so confused & shocked...all I could say was, "What are you doing here?" They'll be in through Wednesday...the day after Mardi Gras. We're going to have a New Orleans party on Monday night complete with gumbo, jambalaya & king cake.

No comments: