Sunday, October 25, 2009

Endoscopy & Lab Results

The "fundic polyps" turned out to be regular hyper-plastic polyps...nothing to worry about at all. HOWEVER, my blood work shows that I am once again experiencing severe iron-deficiency anemia. If you're wondering how that's different from regular anemia, it's that I could be taking in the right amount of iron, but my body is just not processing or absorbing it as it should. I'll have to go for Venofer infusions each week for the next 4 weeks (I start tomorrow around noon) & have my labs redone before seeing Dr Brown again. After that, we will start playing around with oral iron & the infusions to see if we can come up with a game plan to keep my iron stores at an acceptable level. SIGH...it's never a dull moment, that's for sure!

No comments: