Tuesday, November 27, 2007

2 days before surgery

I just wanted to send out a final note before the "big day". I am scheduled to have surgery at Johns Hopkins on Thursday. I need to check in for pre-op stuff at 10:15 on Wednesday morning. Then, we'll need to spend the night in the area so I can be back at the hospital for 6am on Thursday. Surgery is scheduled for 8:45am.

I've been quite busy; however, all my ducks are in a row (at least as much as they're going to be at this point). It is just amazing how the Lord works things like this out. We've had so many offers for help with meals, childcare, etc. Matt's mom is coming in later today to stay with the kids for a week. After that, they're going to a friend from church's house (The Nagy Family) until Matt gets them to come stay with us in the hotel after I'm discharged.

Matt will try to send out an email after surgery is over, but that will depend on how I'm doing & if he can get internet access. I'll be in ICU for at least 1 night & then should go to a regular room after that. If you want to call to see if I have a regular room, the # for patient information is 410/502-4000. You can also try to calling our house to get info from Matt's mom. Or you can call my mom. (I hope this is ok, Mom!!)

Thank you so much for your continued prayers, encouragement & support.

No comments: