Friday, November 2, 2007

Surgery date

I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be having surgery at Johns Hopkins exactly 1 week after Thanksgiving. I’ll need to go into Baltimore the day before to do all my “check-in” stuff. Then, it’s recommended that I stay in the area until I report for surgery at 6am the next morning…I guess it kind of makes sense instead of driving 3 hours there & then 3 hours back on Wednesday & then returning really early Thursday morning to arrive at 6am. I’m glad that it’s on a Thursday b/c (once we have the kids taken care of for the weekend), Matt will be able to stay with me for the 1st few days after surgery until I can cut back on the pain meds & get all the tubes disconnected. Hopefully, I’ll feel like staying solo by Sunday or Monday night & that after that, it’ll be smooth sailing.

I‘ve been very excited & giving the Lord lots of praises b/c the combination of medicine (Aciphex & Xantac) that I’ve been taking has basically eliminated the pain I’ve been feeling. I’ve had 2 nights of sleep w/o any incidents! Both docs (Brown & Cameron) say that the meds shouldn’t be taking care of the pain I’m describing, but it is so I don’t care…docs don’t know everything, but the Lord does. I am so very thankful to be able to wear my regular clothes with a belt again!

Matt & I are looking forward to going up to Falls Church for the EWS Marine Corps Birthday Ball tomorrow. I think after all the hectic-ness of the past couple of weeks, it’ll be nice to just relax & hang out with Matt.

Thanks again for your prayers, encouragement & support.

No comments: