Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Confession

I just wanted to send out a quick note to ask some of you for prayer. Things have been hectic lately trying to get things together before surgery (in addition to normal daily stuff). I feel like my house & my kids are a wreck & that I have no control over anything right now.

Lots of people are asking how I’m dealing with all of this…quite honestly, I’m not. I just don’t think about it. It’s inevitable. I can’t do anything about it. It has to happen. I have no choice. Every now and then, I start to think about the specifics & going through things I’ve done many times before in the future that I never had any intention of ever repeating again…pain, NG tube (including removal), catheter, drainage tubes, staple removal, and effects of pain medication. I also think about other things like being away from the kids, no homeschooling, etc. I want to panic, but I have to stop the flow of thoughts, push them aside & focus on what’s important which is Christ as well as the present. I don’t know if I’m being naïve or not, but thinking about it won’t change anything. It won’t make the need go away. Nothing will be altered. I won’t feel any better or recover any quicker.

I don’t know why I’ve been placed in this situation (other than the fact that we live in a sinful, fallen world). I don’t know exactly what I’m supposed to be feeling or what I’m supposed to be doing. I do know that sometimes I feel quite numb…like I’m just going through the motions. I think that might be one reason why I’ve kept up with my service…I enjoy my youth (at both NLCC & MABC) & my time with them. It keeps my mind off the situation. I was very sad tonight. Early today was my last SHEEP (homeschool support group at New Life) before surgery. Tonight was my last Journey study (high school) at Mt Ararat before my surgery. I won’t be at either until sometime next year. I know it’s coming up with the other 2 groups this Sunday night (Trek at Mt Ararat & then youth group at New Life) as well as with cell/home group on Friday night.

Each day is just a step closer to the inevitable…a step closer to not being able to ignore my future. Sometimes, I feel like I’m on the verge of a pity party, but then I remember God’s grace & love for me. Anyway, there’s definitely an attack trying to get underway. The potential for stress is definitely available. I have a lot to do & limited time to get it done. I definitely covet your prayers and am thankful that the Lord has placed you in my life.

No comments: