Thursday, November 1, 2007

Result of all that stress

Since you were specifically praying for my EXTREME FRUSTRATION the other day, I thought I’d share with y’all the results of all that stress on Wednesday…I have not one but TWO fever blisters/cold sores (whatever you want to call them) front & center on my top lip…it’ll look very nice for the ball on Saturday night. (Big sigh) Last night, when I was putting the kids to bed, it felt like something was starting so I put Carmex on it, & this morning, it’s worse. I might try the Abreva shown on TV. Oh well, not much else I can do about it…it’s just part of the cause-effect relationship. Because I stressed & worried, lost focus & didn’t fully rely on the Lord, I am experiencing a natural consequence of my choices/actions. Lesson learned? Unfortunately, probably not on this side of eternity.

Thanks again for your prayers…it was evident that they worked. I had a lot of peace driving up there, & the Lord moved a bureaucratic mountain in about 2 hours. Just amazing. Praise the Lord!

I recently read in a book (From Creation to the Cross) that based on the OT example, when prayer is answered, Yahweh needs to publicly receive the glory…private or internal thanks isn’t enough…we must share with others what he has done…just read Psalms to see the evidence of public praise for Yahweh. I remember our church in NC used to have a time during service to share what the Lord was doing in our lives. I took advantage of the opportunity a few times. Unfortunately, most people didn’t take advantage of the opportunity, & the practice stopped. We should always have a reason to praise the Lord for what He is doing in our lives. I promise to be more faithful to trying to focus on what Yahweh is doing & not on what I’d like Him to do.

I hope you have a blessed day.

No comments: