Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Doctor Appointment Update

I just wanted to update my special prayer warriors to let you know that the psychiatrist diagnosed me with (post surgical) severe clinical depression today. He changed my meds & said it would take some time for things to feel better & that I just needed to hang in there. He also told me that I'd be on the medication for at least a year before being weaned off.

I am having trouble grasping his diagnosis. It doesn't make sense to me, & I don't understand why I'm having to go through another hurdle. I do not like the way I'm feeling on the inside. It's hard to describe. I just know that it feels very yucky, & I don't like it 1 bit. Please pray for me as I patiently wait for things to get better.

I feel like I am living Solomon's words in Ecclesiastes...meaningless, meaningless...everything seems to be meaningless. I know this isn't true, but that doesn't change how I feel on the inside. The counselor told me yesterday, that I'm already doing the things she tells her patients to do to help mental healing...I'm volunteering & getting out & about. I just need things to get back into whack.

Thank you in advance for your prayers.

Stephanie<><

No comments: