Saturday, February 16, 2008

Update for Saturday 02/16

My PCM changed my meds, & I’ve slept all night long the last 2 nights…I feel like a new woman! It’s amazing what more than 4 hours of sleep can do for you. I had a busy day yesterday volunteering in Cassidy’s class for a little over an hour, getting my haircut (best one in years!) & shopping for the kids & Nolan (my new nephew).

I go back to Dr Cameron in Baltimore on Monday…what a way to spend Matt’s day off. The Goodings are taking the kids for the day so we don’t have to take them with us (Praise the Lord!). I have an upper GI (drinking chalk/barium) at 11 to test my stomach’s emptying & then my appointment with the doc is at 2pm. My stomach is emptying properly as far as I can tell. I’m eating & drinking a lot more than I was, but I don’t get hungry b/c of the TPN…my body is getting all it needs via IV so it doesn’t feel the need to be hungry. (So, basically when I eat, it's b/c I'm forcing myself to eat...I have no desire to do so.) Please pray that it empties the way Dr Cameron wants it to so I can get off the TPN, return to a normal diet & get my PICC line removed (& take a REAL shower).

The kids are doing fine in school & may attend next year as well. Caelan is receiving about an hour & 15 min each day of special ed services to help him catch up with his academic delays. Cassidy is learning to be patient, wait & take turns. She enjoys going to art classes. It’s certainly easier on me not teaching 2 kids reading & phonics. I am happy that they’re doing just fine in their new environment.

Also, for those of you who are family or family-friends & haven’t heard. Michael & Kim officially became parents on the 13th. Nolan Michael Pertuit was born via c-section. He weighed in at 8lbs 6.5ozs & about 20” long. Both sets of grandparents are in Dallas right now enjoying the precious new bundle of joy. All are doing just fine & should get to go home tomorrow. Michael created a web-page complete with pix that you can check out a www.pertuit.org. More pix are in the gallery at www.pertuit.org/pics/index.php. You should check out the new parents…they’re so cute!

Anyway, thanks for your prayers & encouragement. I pray that all is well with you & yours.

Love,
Stephanie<><

One last note: Happy Birthday, Mom!

No comments: