Monday, February 18, 2008

Praise the Lord!

As we say in TX, “Yee-haw & PRAISE THE LORD!!” (I know, I know, we don’t live in TX anymore, but my heart is definitely there…my body wishes it was as warm here as it is there.)

I just wanted to let you know that my appointments went incredibly well. My stomach immediately began to empty after drinking the barium…no doubt about it. I was finished with the x-ray in less than 5 minutes! Based on this, Dr Cameron released me back to my gastro Dr Brown…no more trips to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore. The home health nurse removed my PICC line this evening!!…another HUGE praise. I can’t wait to have a silent night’s sleep as well as a real shower in the morning. It’ll be nice to regain 12 hrs each day & return to normal nighttime activities like cell group & Awana at Mt Ararat & Sunday youth group at New Life.

Please pray that my hunger returns & that my stomach expands some soon. It’s hard to think about cooking when you’re not hungry at all. It’s been a major source of stress for me that I hope goes away soon.

Of course, today didn’t happen without the normal hiccups. The Goodings were supposed to watch the kids today, but Elaine got a stomach bug yesterday afternoon so they couldn’t take the kids. However, I quickly called my friend Sarah Dahl & she came over with her daughter Lizzie to watch the kids. They baked cookies, playground hopped for 4 hrs & came inside just in time to avoid a downpour. It all worked out perfectly...divinely arranged of course.

Thank you so very much for your prayers, encouragement, emails, phone calls…basically all your love & support. It is very much appreciated.

Love,
Stephanie

No comments: