Saturday, December 15, 2007

12/15 Update

Hello all,

I just wanted to send out a quick update. I am back at Johns Hopkins and after a couple of very "hairy" days, I am doing fine.

Dr. Cameron expects me to return to sips of water and chips of ice tomorrow (Sunday) with liquids on Monday and real food on Tuesday. If all goes well, I should be discharged on Wednesday (Matt is certainly praying for this as he wants is to be back home with the entire family!!!).

The delayed gastric emptying caused my stomach to become very distended (over 1 foot in length). Yesterday, I experienced constant waves of cramps as my stomach started trying to return to normal--labor pains felt better than the pains I was experiencing and there was nothing I could take for it (except revert back to lamaze).

The kids have been transferred back at the Nagy family & are having lots of fun. Matt plans on going home and spending time with them today and tomorrow.

If you want to call and chat, my number is (410) 502-0285.

Thanks for your continued prayers.

Love,
Steph

No comments: