Sunday, January 27, 2008

Update

I’ve been getting a lot of emails and questions about how I’m doing so I thought I post another update.
  1. I think things are finally starting to move along. I can eat food portions the size of a plum and hear my tummy rumble a couple of hours later. I’m still hesitant to eat more than that. I’ve tried chicken, beef, different casseroles and guacamole (avocados are easy to digest). I’ve also had ½ a pb and j sandwich (yeah!). I’m up to and maintaining 107 lbs (with the continued help of TPN).
  2. I’m still having bouts of cramps although it’s not as often.
  3. I’m also having trouble sleeping. I can fall asleep just fine, but once I wake up, it’s hard to get back to sleep…the TPN pump is just too loud at 3am! Please pray that I sleep until 5:30am each night (or should I say morning).
  4. I’m still experiencing shortened attention span. I’m also pretty impatient & bored (especially with the kids gone). I have a couple of typing projects to do which are usually right up my alley & feel like doing neither of them. I’ve been convicted by the Lord to be content with my position right now b/c He is in control & has me just where He wants me. Please pray that I stop wishing things were “normal” and that I see Him through this all.
  5. My daddy is doing well…still tired and moody at times, but eating up a storm…especially ice cream since he’s not so sensitive to cold stuff. He goes for some type of scan in a week or so.
  6. The kids are doing well in school. I met with Caelan’s CSC team to develop his IEP (individualized educational program); he qualifies for an hour of help/day. I can’t wait for them to get started & see some results. He may also be evaluated by the new OT (occupational therapist) at the school. Matt went to the school for Caelan’s birthday to have lunch & was impressed to see how calm Caelan is in class (without being drugged as was suggested by a well respected doctor)…there’s no way he could have ADHD. The developmental pediatrician was not happy with any hints of opposition on our part…“medicate, medicate, medicate”. I’m glad we chose not to. We may go for a 2nd opinion this summer.
Thanks for your continued prayers and support.

Love
Stephanie<><

No comments: