Monday, January 14, 2008

Results of Doc Appointment

Hello, All…

I saw Dr Cameron today & found out that my stomach emptying has improved but is still deficient. I need to go back in a month & do the test all over again. It’ll be small bites & sips of water until then as well as no heavy lifting, cooking or housework. (It’s not as nice as it sounds.) I also need to firmly massage (OUCH!) my incision for 5 minutes 2 times a day to soften the scar & help it heal more.

I was discouraged & came across the following excerpts in a devotional & really felt God speaking to me in the restlessness of my present circumstance: “Many foolish decisions have been made out of the emptiness of discontentment…We want something more, something better, because we’re not quite happy with our lot in life. We forget on unwavering scriptural principle: God is the Author of our lot…Christ…is the Fixer, & only our trust in Him will deliver us from our restlessness. That trust, if cultivated rightly will give us the contentment that David expresses in this psalm (Psalm 16). It will define for us our security…The key to contentment is to refuse to define your life by your present circumstances. It’s to know that you are where you are because God is sovereign.”

On another note, the kids had a good 2nd day of school, but Caelan is struggling with homework. I’m very thankful to my neighbors for taking the kids to & from school today. (For those of you who don’t know, the kids were enrolled in the base school since I need to concentrate on recovering & can’t homeschool right now. Last week was quite emotional for all of us.)

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Love in Christ,
Stephanie<><

No comments: