Sunday, January 20, 2008

Praise Yahweh

Hello, All…

I thought I’d post a quick update.

  1. We had snow & the kids had a lot of fun playing in it.
  2. My Daddy finished his last chemo. The doc chose to not give him 1 of the drugs since it was his last treatment. It was the drug that caused all the problems so he’s had energy, been eating, cooking, etc. For the 1st time since he started chemo, he was able to eat ice cream (2 times!). His hands & feet are still a little numb but they should be back to normal soon. He goes in a week or 2 for a CAT-scan & some other tests (I think), but we are fully expecting for his body to be clean b/c he passed his earlier CAT-scan.
  3. For the 2nd time in 2 weeks, my Daddy has gout. It can be a side effect of chemo. He’s taking meds for it & should be back to normal in a few days.
  4. I had a bad day on Thursday…ate something too heavy & threw up like crazy. I almost ended back in the hospital. My stomach itself hurt until yesterday, but praise God b/c everything settled down, I didn’t go to the ER, & I’m eating again.
  5. I still have a little over a month to go before things are expected to return to normal. Please pray for patience.
  6. The kids are doing fine in school. Homework takes a little longer than I’d like, but hopefully, we’ll get into a routine, soon.

Thanks for all of your prayers, emails, cards, phone calls, etc to offer encouragement & support. They are appreciated. Most importantly, thanks for giving all the glory, honor & praise to the God who is in control of all this apparent chaos & who isn’t surprised 1 bit by any of the events.

Love in Christ,
Stephanie<><

No comments: