Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Update for Wednesday 01/09

Hello, All…
There are lots of things going on in our house…

  1. Food & Steph: I’m tolerating small amounts…translation a bite or 2 at a time. I’ve been told that this is quite normal. I’m eating things like mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, toast. I think I’ll try applesauce later. I discovered that fo me, Cream of Wheat & Malto Meal were not good ideas. Please continue to pray for things to continue to be properly processed. Also, I’d like to get off TPN sooner or later (I really don’t like having a PICC line…less freedom), but I’m not sure how much I have to be eating before I can get rid of the TPN & PICC line.
  2. After much prayer & deliberation, Matt decided to enroll the kids in the local DOD school to keep up their education while I’m recovering. He said it’s not fair to either them or me to put that type of pressure on my recovery. I’ve cried like a baby, but I agree with him. It’ll be quite the transition for all of us. The kids will start on this Friday 01/11/2008. Caelan will be put in 2nd grade b/c of his learning disabilities. Cassidy will be in 1st grade. I’m not sure what the future holds, but we’re looking at this from the present perspective & hope/pray that God will allow us to return to homeschooling this fall. Pray for the transition & for us to be joyful in the midst of this life change.
  3. Matt isn’t sure where he’s going for his next job but knows that he’ll be stationed here b/c of my health issues…we will not be moving.
  4. My upper GI is scheduled for Monday at 11am; the appointment with Dr Cameron is at 2pm. Please pray for favorable results.

Thank you for your continued prayers & encouragement & support. I appreciate it so much.

Love,
Steph<><

No comments: